Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day - My Irish Ancestry!

Good Day!  Or should that be "Top of the Mornin' to You"?  I'm told this saying is an Irish-American saying and isn't actually used in Ireland.  But I digress!  With St. Patrick's Day coming up, I'm honoured to respect my Irish ancestry!  My Great Grandmother was born in Co Derry and immigrated to Saint John, New Brunswick back in the day.  Here's the 1911 census showing her family living in "Residents of a house 4 in Lewis St (Duncairn, Antrim)"
 

A coworker is from Ireland and requested a few tasteful cards to send back home to relatives in Dublin.  I was honoured to be asked to make them and tickled pink that something I created has gone back to the motherland.  I'm told they were well received in Dublin, Ireland!



May the luck of the Irish be with you all this weekend on St. Patrick's Day and always :-)

La Fheile Padraig Sona Duit  (Happy St. Patrick's Day)!

Leslie


No comments: